- between C2 and C3
- more than C4
- less than C1
- between C3 and C4
If C₁ < C₂ < C₃ < C₄ are four capacitors and combined in series the equivalent capacitance for this combination is
If C1 < C2 < C3 < C4 are four capacitors and combined in series the equivalent capacitance for this combination is less than C1.
- The trick to solve this problem:
- when capacitors are connected in series then the equivalent capacitance will be always less than the smaller capacitance.
- when capacitors are connected in parallel then the equivalent capacitance will be always greater than the larger capacitance.
- In our case, the four capacitors are connected in series so, equivalent capacitance is less than .
This question is about MSc Electricity and Magnetism MCQs. This is the previous year’s question about the competitive exams.
Related Questions about MSC Physics
- By definition, the electric displacement current through a surface S is proportional to the
- Who discovered a spin quantum number?
- In Bohr’s hydrogen atomic model, the radius of the stationary
- The first successful theory of atomic structure was introduced by
- For which of the following thermodynamic processes is the increase in the internal energy of an ideal gas is equal to the heat added to the gas
- The energy of an electron of de-Broglie wavelength 1Å in eV will be
- The numerical value of temperature read by thermometers both in 0C and 0F scales becomes equal at
- To achieve the Fresnel class of diffraction, the wavefront required is
- To achieve Fraunhofer’s class of diffraction, the wavefront required is
- The nature of bonding in diamonds is